Departure= Every Saturday
Duration=15 day Tour
Destination= Istanbul, Bursa, Ankara, Göreme, Ephesus, Pergamon, Gallipoli, Cappadocia, Cumalikizik, Gordion, Anatolia, Konya, Antalya, Pamukkale, Troy, Mediterranean Fables Cruising, Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, Symi, Chios & Mykonos, Turkish port of Kusadasi.
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES AND DINING
• Istanbul: Visit the Blue Mosque and St Sophia museum.
• Istanbul: Gain an insight into the lives of the Ottomansultans at the fabulous Topkapi Palace.
• Bursa: Visit the Grand Mosque and Green Mosque.
• Sardis: Under excavation for over one hundred years,where the temple of Artemis is the fourth largest in theancient world, and one of the best preserved.
• Pamukkale: Visit Hierapolis ruins and cascading ‘CottonCastles’ of milky white travertine pools.
• Ephesus: Tour one of the world’s finest ancient sites, visitthe House of the Virgin Mary and Archeological Museum.
• Pergamon: Visit the site of the ancient Hellenistic citywith some of the most impressive ruins in all of Turkey.
• Gallipoli: Pay your respects.
• Bosphorus: Enjoy a relaxing cruise past Ottoman palaces,old mansions and fortresses.
• Cruising: After a breathtaking sunset at sea, the lights come on and the atmosphere on board changes completely! Enjoy a fun-filled Greek evening with dinner.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
• Istanbul: Learn how to haggle in the Grand Bazaar; the technique, the pitfalls and how much to pay!
• Cumalikizik: Visit this charming Village.
• Bursa: Hunt for bargains in the bazaar and silk market.
• Troy: See the ruins and reconstructed wooden horse.
• Mediterranean Fables Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, Symi, Chios & Mykonos. Call in at the Turkish port of Kusadasi
Day 1 - Depart USA
Board your overnight flight (not included).
Day 2 - Welcome to Turkey
Welcome to a land rich in archeological sites and historic monuments. On arrival at Istanbul Airport, you are met and transferred to your hotel. Tonight, join your Tour Director for a Welcome Reception and a pleasant evening of dinner and wine.
Day 3 - Istanbul & the Ottoman Empire
In the morning admire the Blue Mosque with its beautiful tiles and the Hippodrome where Roman chariot races were held. Visit St Sophia, at one time a cathedral and a mosque, and now a museum. Move on to Topkapi Palace where some of the world’s biggest emeralds and diamonds are on display. Finish your tour at the Grand Bazaar where your guide will give you a full explanation of the time-honoured ritual of bargaining!
Day 4 - Charming Cumalikizik & Beautiful Bursa
This morning take a short ferry trip and drive to the charming Cumalikizik Village. Continue to Bursa for your overnight stay. There is time this afternoon to visit the glorious Green Mosque and Mausoleum complex, the Grand Mosque, the Bazaar and colourful Silk Market. Tonight you might like to experience a Turkish bath at your hotel.
Day 5 - Sardis & the Pools of Pamukkale
Drive to Sardis, where you visit the Synagogue, Roman Gymnasium and the Temple of Artemis. Now continue to Pamukkale, famous for its ‘Cotton Castle’, a dazzling chalk-white array of fantastically shaped limestone terraces. Visit the ruins of ancient Hierapolis and the fairyland terraces and see the glistening pools and cascades in scallopshell basins.
Day 6 - Ancient Ephesus & Izmir
Journey to the ruined city of Ephesus. View the facade of the Library of Celsus, walk the Arcadian Way and see the amazing Amphitheatre. Also visit the House of the Virgin Mary. At the Archeological Museum in nearby Selçuk you can marvel at many of the artefacts excavated from Ephesus. After visiting a Turkish carpet centre it’s on to the pretty port city of Izmir.
Day 7 - Pergamon, Troy & Çanakkale
Stop in Pergamon, the impressive site of an ancient kingdom, to visit the Asklepion, one of the most famous shrines and therapeutic centres in the ancient world. Drive to Troy and see an enormous reconstruction of the fabled Wooden Horse. Stay tonight in Çanakkale, on the southern side of the Dardanelles at their narrowest point.
Day 8 - Gallipoli & Istanbul
This morning cross the Dardanelles Straits and drive to the Gallipoli Peninsula to visit Anzac Cove and the emotive Lone Pine Cemetery. Then return to Istanbul for a superb highlight cruise along the Bosphorus Waterway. Then transfer to your cruise ship and set sail for the blue waters of the Mediterranean.
Day 9 to Day 13 - Cruising the Greek Isles
After a pleasant morning’s cruising, arrive at the Turkish port of Kusadasi - maybe visit ancient Ephesus? Dock this morning at the island of Santorini, famous for its white cuboid houses that cling to the sheer cliffs. Maybe spend time in the island's capital of Thira, with it's cliff top restaurants and cafes, breathtaking views and amazing sunsets. Set sail again this evening for an overnight voyage to Crete. Arrive early morning to spend the day exploring the picturesque island of Crete. Perhaps take an optional excursion to the Palace of King Minos? Cruise to the harbour at Rhodes, ‘the island of roses’, founded by the Ancient Greeks and then chosen by the Crusaders for their fortified headquarters. Later, depart for Symi, one of the most picturesque islands of the Dedocanese. Weigh anchor in Chios for the morning, then head for Mykonos, with its maze of walkways, winding streets, white-washed houses, magnificent windmills and uninhibited nightlife. While cruising, expert chefs and well-trained staff serve local specialities, an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner is served on board daily. During your voyage there is also a fun-filled Greek Evening and Dinner with entertainment.
Day 14 - Athens at Leisure
Disembark in Lavrion and transfer to your Athens hotel where you are at leisure.
Day 15 - Return to USA
Your tour draws to a close with a transfer to the airport.
Meals: Buffet Breakfast
Per Person Per Person Sharing Double Room 3775 $