Tour name deluxe Greece- Turkey tours with premier Cabin
Departure= Every Friday
Duration=16 day tour
Destination= Athens, Mycenae, Epidaurus, Olympia, Delphi, Meteora, Kalambaka, Corinth Canal, Patras, Thermopylae, Cruising,; Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, Symi, Chios & Mykonos,
Turkish ports of Istanbul & Kusadasi,
SIGNATURE EXPERIENCES AND DINING
• Athens: Ascend the ‘Sacred Rock’, the Acropolis, to admire the Parthenon built in 5th century BC as well as the smaller Temple of Athena Nike and Caryatid beauties.
• Mycenae: Walk through the Lion Gate past the royal ‘beehive’ tombs where Schliemann uncovered golden treasure, hearing tales of Agamemnon (hacked to death in his bath by his wife Klytemnestra!).
• Epidaurus: Visit the sanctuary of Asklepios. In the centre of the enclosure stood the temple dedicated to the god of medicine. Visit the Museum, as well as the best preserved open air theatre in the whole of Greece.
• Olympia: Join a qualified chef and get to grips with the flavours of Greece on an introduction to Greek cooking!
• Olympia: Olympia was the original location of the Olympic Games held every four years during a 1000 year period, as a celebration of the Hellenic spirit. Here lie the ruins of temples and treasures dedicated to Zeus, king of the gods
• Delphi: Ascend the Sacred Way, once lined with offertory temples. See the reconstructed Athenian Treasury and pass the superb Polygonal Wall to reach the Temple of Apollo, where the people would seek divine wisdom from the mysterious Oracle.
• Meteora: Visit one of the remarkable, centuries-old monasteries of Meteora, teetering on towers of rock, and arguably, the most spectacular place to visit in Greece!
• Kalambaka: Toast the culmination of your tour at a lively Celebration Dinner with wine.
• Cruising: After a breathtaking sunset at sea, the lights come on and the atmosphere on board changes completely! Enjoy a fun-filled Greek evening with dinner.
ADDITIONAL INCLUDED HIGHLIGHTS
• Athens: See Hadrian’s Arch and the Temple of Zeus.
• Corinth Canal: Cross the amazing rock-cut channel dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece.
• Patras: Cross world’s longest multi-span cable-stayed bridge
• Thermopylae: See the memorial to Leonidas and his heroic Spartans.
• Cruising: Visit the Greek Islands of Santorini, Crete, Rhodes, Symi, Chios & Mykonos.
• Call in at the Turkish ports of Istanbul & Kusadasi.
Day 1 - Depart USA
Board your overnight flight (not included).
Day 2 - Welcome to Athens
You are met at the airport and transferred to your tour hotel where there is time to settle in and relax. Later, join your Insight Representative for a Welcome Reception, and an opportunity to get to know each other over a pleasant evening of dinner and wine.
Day 3 - Parthenon, Mycenae & Nafplio
This morning’s sightseeing tour reveals the Temple of Zeus, the Temple of the Wingless Victory and Hadrian’s Arch. A highlight is the visit to the Parthenon, built atop the Acropolis. Now follow the shores of the Saronic Gulf to the Corinth Canal, dividing the Peloponnese from mainland Greece. Next is the ruined city of Mycenae, featured in epics of Homer. Walk through the Lion Gate, visit the royal ‘beehive’ tombs and see the giant Cyclopean stones used to build the city walls. Continue to the elegant seaside town of Nafplio.
Day 4 - Olympia, Birthplace of the Olympics
After breakfast this morning travel into the heart of Argolis to visit the sanctuary of Asclepios at Epidaurus with its superb 4th century BC theatre. Visit the Museum and the Asklepeion. Then a delightful drive takes you through the mountains of Arkadia to Olympia, birthplace of the Olympic Games. This evening join a qualified chef for an entertaining cookery demonstration. Afterwards, these authentic flavours of Greece are yours to taste at dinner.
Day 5 - Delphi, Centre of the Ancient World
In Olympia this morning, see the Olympic Stadium where the original games were first held in 776BC, plus the athletes’ gymnasium and the city’s ancient temples. Then head north to Patras and cross the soaring Rio-Antirrio bridge to the mainland. Follow the coast road before climbing into the foothills of Mount Parnassus
Day 6 - The Sacred Way & Kalambaka
Ascend the Sacred Way of Delphi, past the Parian marble Treasury of the Athenians and Polygonal Wall, its interlocking stones still perfectly intact after thousands of years. Now approach the Temple of Apollo, where for 14 centuries the mysterious Ora cle of Delphi breathed her enigmatic ‘words’. Continue north, stopping at Thermopylae to see the memorial to Leonidas and his courageous Spartans. ..
Day 7 - Metéora Monasteries & Athens
After breakfast, visit one of the amazing monasteries of Metéora, which means 'in the air'. Incredibly perched on top of pinnacles of rock, see where ancient Christians worshipped and enjoy stunning views over the Peneios Valley. Afterwards, enjoy a scenic drive along the coast back to Athens.
Day 8 to Day 14 - Cruising to Turkey & the Greek Isles
Transfer to the port of Lavrion to board your cruise ship and set sail for the blue waters of the Mediterranean. Cruise through the Dardanelles in the early hours to arrive in the exotic Turkish city of Istanbul where you have a full day to explore as you wish! As evening descends, sail along the Bosphorus to start your overnight voyage. After a pleasant morning’s cruising, arrive at the Turkish port of Kusadasi - maybe visit ancient Ephesus? Your next port of call is the island of Santorini, famous for its white cuboid houses that cling to the sheer cliffs and you also get a day to explore the picturesque island of Crete. Perhaps take an optional excursion to the Palace of King Minos? Cruise to the harbour at Rhodes, ‘the island of roses’, founded by the Ancient Greeks and then chosen by the Crusaders for their fortified headquarters. Later, depart for Symi, one of the most picturesque islands of the Dedocanese. Weigh anchor in Chios for the morning, then head for Mykonos, with its maze of walkways, winding streets, white-washed houses, magnificent windmills and uninhibited nightlife.
During the months of July and August, the cruise instead departs from Piraeus, visiting Mykonos, Kusadasi, Milos, Lavrion, Syros, Çesme, Bodrum, Kos, Los, and Santorini.
While cruising, expert chefs and well-trained staff serve local specialties, an exquisite variety of Mediterranean dishes as well as flavours, aromas and spices from around the world. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner is served on board daily. During your voyage there is also a fun-filled Greek Evening and Dinner with entertainment.
Day 15 - Athens at Leisure
Disembark this morning and transfer to your hotel where you are at leisure. Relax, shop or bargain in the Flea Market. Perhaps ask about an optional excursion to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion.
Day 16 - Athens
Bid farewell to Athens. There are transfers to the airport.
Meals: Buffet Breakfast
Per Person Sharing Double Room 3990 $